Thursday, October 15, 2015

HOW CAN WE SAVE OUR COUNTRY?

          Well, the 2016 campaign is underway. With Trump and Ben Carson at the top of the polls, it is easy to see the American people are sick of traditional politicians. I love how Trump's blunt-and-to-the-point nature has fired up this election. The old-fashioned wishy-washy answers and platforms will not be accepted anymore. The only problem with Trump is that after he gets everyone's attention, he doesn't know when to turn-off the insults and get down to serious business. I think Trump is a good business man and could be useful in some aspects of Presidential responsibilities. However, I do not think he would be an appropriate President.
           Ben Carson is a lot like Trump as far as getting right to the point but he is mild-mannered and shows real professionalism when speaking. This man has really been growing on me so much I look forward to see what he has to say next.  He is obviously very intelligent. I don't know how knowledgeable he is on foreign affairs. Both Carson or Trump for that matter are questionable when it comes to foreign affairs.
           And how would they be able to interact with congress? Congress is what needs to be swept to the curb and dumped in the trash - all of them. Term limits have got to be set to eliminate these folks that are supposed to be the voice of the people of their state from making a "career" out of their office. Times and needs change in every state, and the representatives and senators need to change as well. These guys holding seats in congress for 20, 30, or 40 years is for the birds.
           I just hope America can survive these final months of Obama being in office.

No comments: